Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Can anyone who's had a brazilian wax tell me what to expect?

Booked up for my 1st ever brazilian; just want to hear other peoples experiences, so I can be prepared. Is it a really embarassing experience?Can anyone who's had a brazilian wax tell me what to expect?
It's really not that bad. I mean.. yeah someone's staring at your goodies but your waxer does it for a living. They're used to it.


As for pain... it's also not that bad. It hurts about a little more than getting your eyebrows waxed. I always take two ibuprofen a half an hour before I go. That REALLY helps with the pain.


Good luck ane enjoy!Can anyone who's had a brazilian wax tell me what to expect?
I've never had one, but I think I know what it's like.





It's almost like having a PAP smear, but way different. It's humiliating lying on a table there naked from the waist down, but after a couple minutes, you'll be thinking more about the pain. Tell the person who's doing it that it's your first time. I know a girl who got it done for the first time, and the lady started off with a bikini wax, and then took off more and more hair, but she did it evenly. So, like, if my friend wanted to stop, it would look like she went in to get it done like that.
More painful than embarassing.
If your esthetician is a professional, he/she will know how to make you more comfortable. Make sure he/she knows that it's your first Brazilian and that you're nervous. Yes, it will hurt no matter how talented the esthetician is. No, you don't have to feel embarrassed - it's like going to the doctor. Do trim the hair down a bit before you go. It'll make it faster and easier once you get there..... but be sure to leave at least 1/4 inch of hair so the wax can get a good ';grip.'; Get a good after-wax toner (like Tend Skin) to help soothe your newly waxed skin and prevent ingrown hairs later.
nothing embarrassing will happen. the waxer is a professional and has probably seen everything. it hurts, but it's worth it. much easier than shaving over time. good luck and enjoy!
On a pain scale of 1-10....... 11. You get over the embarrasment the second the first strip is pulled and then it's all about the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment