Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How bad does it hurt to bikini/brazilian wax?

I have a pretty good pain tolerance. On a scale of 1-10 how bad does it hurt?How bad does it hurt to bikini/brazilian wax?
A Lady Friend of mine shaves herself all over every other or third day. She tried waxing and was amazed at how much it hurt. And then there was the pain afterwards as well. It took over a day to become a dull pain. She resorted to a desensitizing creme such as the sunburn creme, Solarcaine, which has a deadening effect on the skin to help manage pain from a sunburn. It worked well for the waxing. She went back to shaving as the pain from waxing was much worse than shaving. The only benefit she saw was the ability to go for a couple of weeks and still be smooth... but it wasn't worth the amount of pain she endured for benefit of the couple of weeks between treatments. On top of that, shaving costs less than a tenth of waxing over the same period of time. YMMV...How bad does it hurt to bikini/brazilian wax?
Depends on the waxer. I've gone to waxers where my entire body shot up when she pulled the muslin strip. That pain level was at a 10. Needless to say, she is no longer my waxer. I've also had pretty good waxes where the pain was at a very low 3. Mind you, I have a pretty good tolerance, and I do not get waxed often. I only go a couple times a year for Brazilians during beach season. Here are things to consider:





1. Bikini waxes hurt much less than Brazilians.


2. If you shave regularly, the first few times you wax will hurt because shaving makes your hair coarser.


3. There are different types of waxes for different skins and types of hair. Honey waxes are for all purpose use. Ask if your waxer has one for sensitive skin or for coarse hair (Brazilian formula).


4. Ask for recommendations from friends who have had good waxes where pain is minimal.


5. Be sure that the wax is not too hot. It may feel fine at first, but you could get first degree burns. Try a soothing gel after you've waxed that also stalls re-growth and ingrowns. I suggest Guinot Epil Confort Corps.
A good Brazilian wax won't hurt much or at all if done correctly. Visit a quality, Brazilian Bikini Was salon for best results in your area.
My ex-girlfriend used to have it done, but she never mentioned anything about the pain. She was always telling me to try it because I shave all my body hair, but I never did.
Im not sure, but once i used tweezers to pluck out my pubiez, and it only hurt as much as plucking my eyebrows.
10


it hurts really bad !
  • favorite lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment