Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can you get herpes or any other STDs from brazilian waxing? ?

Just went to a new spa today to get a brazilian wax done. I realized a little too late.. that they double dip... what are the chances of contracting an STD? Herpes? So worried...Can you get herpes or any other STDs from brazilian waxing? ?
I can't seem to find a truly authoritative answer on this.





I can find many MDs who have responded in herpes forums that the risk of herpes or STDs in this situation is incredibly remote - but I can't find any institutional source (like the CDC or herpes charities) that addresses this particular scenario. I'll be very interested to see if anyone else posts a link to a better source than a doctors advice column.





My suspicion is that the chance is unbelievably small. The herpes virus dies very quickly outside the human body. Your spa technician would literally need to be waxing two people at once AND the other person would need to have an active herpes outbreak for this to even be possible.





I suspect you are much more likely to get some non-STD bacterial infection or rash, if anything.





I would either ask the spa technician to be more careful, or I would choose another spa. I would also keep my eyes out for odd rashes - but I would not worry about STDs or herpes.





Good question.Can you get herpes or any other STDs from brazilian waxing? ?
I don't think so. But if you are experiencing bumps it is probably irritation from the waxing. Although, if you've waxed before and they seem unusual it doesn't necessarily mean you got herpes from the waxing, you can contract it from people who show no symptoms and 90% of people who have it don't know (that's how I got it). Only you can judge what seems normal to you, but if things seem a little odd I'd go to the doctor just to be sure.
Very low chance of that happening. Unless the waxer touched a cold sore then directly after touched your genitals...but again not too likely for that to happen. Herpes doesn't survive in high temperatures (the wax is probably melted at a high temp), or out side of the body, or on inanimate objects for very long.
ewww. i would sue!!!! thats completely unsanitary. i would call the better business bureau or at least the spa and throw a fit. why didnt you say anything when you first noticed??





good luck on that. i honestly dont know if you could get a disease like that, but to me it seems possible.
U sure can if they are using the same tools with one and other custumers without being sanitized.
i highly doubt it, but I wouldn't ever go back to that spa, and I would report them for being unsanitary..
  • favorite lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment