Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do Brazilian waxes hurt? How long does the irritation last after that?

I have been thinking of getting a brazilian wax but I'm scared. I am just so tired of shaving. Thanks for any advice on this.Do Brazilian waxes hurt? How long does the irritation last after that?
I've been getting them for years and it's like ripping a band-aid off. There is one spot that's sensitive, in the puffy, fattiest part of your lips, just before your vagina. But it only hurts for a second and no more. I don't have any irritation or ingrown hairs, but I loofah the skin down there (to exfoliate-prevention of ingrown hairs) every shower. The great thing about waxing is the more/longer you do it, the less you have to do it, and the hairs grow in soft, not stubbly. I wax anything that used to need a razor or tweasers and am a convert!!! Will do it for the rest of my life....1 hour....I'm hairless!!!! :)Do Brazilian waxes hurt? How long does the irritation last after that?
Yes, they are very painful but well worth it. It depends on your skin but the irritation only lasted a few hours for me.
Hi,





Brazilian wax do hurt a bit. And the irritation may last from 12 to 24 hours, dry skin also has been associated with Brazilian wax. I recommend that you treat your skin with moisturizers and anti-itch creams everyday for 14 days. Good Luck!
yeah they hurt...what is your pain tolerance level?
well actually, yes verrrrrry much for the first time but i have been getting regular wax since i was like 9 years old.


After a while u get used to it, but at the end it is all worth it.
Hi, I was scared too and had no idea what to expect. Just be ready to flexible in that area. If the person knows what there doing you'll do fine. It's a quick pain and do expect tenderness after. I've heard not to go a week before or after your menstrual cycle. There is an after tone you apply to prevent ingrown hair and stubs. Good luck, the results are well worth your time and money.
It hurts sooooooo bad!


have you ever waxed your eyebrows? It's worse, but you kind of get used to it.


It's much better than shaving, just painful
Of course they hurt.... i mean hello it hurts when you wax your eye brows right? But if you have thin / non course hair ... it is a lot easier on you and on the esthetician. I think it hurts more when they do it above the pubic bone.





Also don't go in like a week before your period because your sensitive.





If done right the irritation only last for that day... I get this done every month so i'm getting used to the pain but i'm not going to lie it still hurts and i have thin hair.... but just try it at least twice to see if its for you....
yes, because your skin around that area is so soft and sensitive it does hurt. the irritation lasts avout 2-3hrs
I find that sugaring the Brazillian area causes less irritation to my skin because it does not stick to the skin like the wax does. Wax does contain chemicals that sugar does not. Sugar is natural and far more gentle on the skin. Also, the sugar is a lot easier to clean up because it can be removed with warm water. So, if you're looking for a way to remove the hair with less irritation I would suggest trying sugaring.
Depends on your pain tolerance. I do fine, but some people make them stop or cry because it hurts so bad. If you have a good waxer, don't worry about it. The irritation doesn't last more than a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment