Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm planning on getting a brazilian wax, how do i know if the place is sanitary?

I'm getting my first brazilian wax, i'm planning to talk to a couple places for pricing, but i also was going to talk them about sanitary issues (making sure all utensils/products are clean that they're using on me). I read something in a magazine a while ago, and am kind of concerned. Should i be? Or are places usually pretty sanitary about it?


And also, when i book an appt, how should i address this issue? I don't want to affend anyone.


Thanks!I'm planning on getting a brazilian wax, how do i know if the place is sanitary?
I agree with the last person. High end spas are the way to go. I am sure it is more expensive but when you are dealing with something this important, sanitation is key! So, it would be worth the price! Something that has been established and is known for their good reputation. They maybe even reviews on the spas online if you google it. You can google everything %26amp; anything! You can also tell by looking at the place when you go in. You know dirty from clean so trust your judgement. Also, how the people present themselves, too. If they look dirty, then I would head out! That is so mean but.... Go with the high end spa %26amp; you will not regret it. My friend has the girl from the spa come to her house and do it. She feels more comfortable in her own home so that maybe an option for you. Since this is your first one, I found a great site. I put the link on here so you can check it out.








http://www.brazilianwaxinfo.com/faqs/





The link is really good. Its got TONS of info. ALmost every ? you have is answered. I was like WOW!! I read it and it has gotten me a little curious about it as I have never had one before but I love the look of the Brazilian wax ! Im 28 with 2 kids and maybe I will get one sometime soon!!..... so enjoy the link ! :-)I'm planning on getting a brazilian wax, how do i know if the place is sanitary?
I think the best places to go are high end spas and salons. The worst places? he nails/tanning/waxing combination one-size-fits-all cheapo salons. They are usually unskilled and unsanitary not to mention often unlicensed as well. Those are the riskiest places to go , IMO. You can ask them about their procedures regarding sanitation and any other concerns you may have. True professional will not have anything to hide, and will answer all of your questions. A place with something to hide wil always avoid these types of questions. Or that has been my experience anyway. Good luck!
Have you heard of the book ';How to Get the Perfect Brazilian Wax';. You can find it on any major online book store like amazon. Its written by a esthetician who specializes in brazilian waxing. She explains everything you would ever need to know about getting one done. Check it out. Its very informative, professional, and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment